Encrypt IBM Softlayer Bare Metal Virtual Machines
Moving to the cloud offers enterprises significant benefits in terms of business agility and IT cost management; however, there are security and deployment challenges. Traditional security controls no longer apply in the cloud, yet sensitive data must be secure to address privacy, regulatory, and data remanence (residual data) requirements. CloudLink offers virtual machine encryption solutions for IBM SoftLayer that are simple to deploy, easy to manage by leveraging the company’s existing data security technology and operational expertise.
CloudLink SecureVM provides pre-boot authorization, image integrity validation and encrypts boot volume and data volumes with a centralized management approach that allows IT departments to have full control over data security in the cloud. SecureVM unlocks native Windows Bitlocker and Linux OS encryption features with a centralized management approach. This gives you visiblity and control over when and where virtual machines are run and accessed while retaining full control of the encryption keys.
SecureVM for IBM SoftLayer supports the following key features:
- Enables Windows BitLocker and Linux native OS encryption for both Windows and Linux VMs
- Encrypts boot volume and/or data volume
- Pre-boot authentication for SoftLayer VMs before releasing keys to decrypt the boot volumes
- Protects the integrity of SoftLayer VMs against unauthorized modification
- Integrates with existing enterprise key management and provides full control of key management policies
- Supports hybrid cloud deployments