Securing Microsoft Azure Virtual Machines leveraging BitLocker and Native OS encryption
Microsoft Azure customers in highly regulated industries, such as healthcare and financial sectors, often require a data-at-rest encryption solution to meet internal and external compliance requirements and as a security best practice for public cloud deployments. One of the critical requirements is the ability for customers to manage encryption keys and policies independent of the cloud provider.
CloudLink SecureVM provides Microsoft Azure customers with the capability to encrypt their virtual machine data on a multi-tenant shared infrastructure and fully control of the encryption keys for their encrypted data on Azure storage infrastructure.
SecureVM for Microsoft Azure supports the following key features:
- Enable Windows BitLocker and Linux native OS encryption for both Windows and Linux VMs in Microsoft Azure
- Encrypt boot volume and/or data volume
- Pre-boot authentication for Azure VMs before releasing the keys to decrypt the boot volumes
- Protect the integrity of Azure VMs against unauthorized modification
- Integrate with existing enterprise key management and provide full control the key management policy
- Support hybrid cloud deployments
Easy to Deploy and Use
SecureVM is very easy to deploy and use. All you need is:
- A Microsoft Azure account
- Download CloudLink Center – a hybrid cloud encryption management virtual appliance that can be deployed in Microsoft Azure, Microsoft Hyper-V or VMware ESX.
- Install CloudLink SecureVM client, which is contained inside CloudLink Center, on to virtual machines in Azure
- Select one of the key store options: local inside CloudLink Center, Microsoft Active Directory or RSA Data Protection Manager (DPM)
For more Information, view the CloudLink Data Security for Microsoft Azure solution brief or contact our sales team to get started today.