Solutions for securing virtual machines, network shares and EBS data storage
Amazon Web Services™ is a leading public cloud service with its user-friendly management and the ease with which applications may be on-boarded onto a scalable and reliable cloud infrastructure. While enterprises have leveraged the public cloud for development and test applications, these same organizations are now looking to use AWS for hosting enterprise applications.
However, industry research confirms that data security concerns continue to be a top barrier in moving workloads to the cloud. While cloud data is subject to the same risks as that which are resident in private datacenters such as data breach and insider threatsthe move to public cloud environments introduces additional risk. Regulatory compliance, concerns of cyber surveillance and the loss of sovereignty over data, the issue of sensitive data remaining within the cloud even if the enterprise decides to leave this environment intensify the risk of moving workloads to the cloud.
CloudLink SecureVM provides pre-boot authorization, image integrity validation and encrypts boot volume and data volumes with a centralized management approach that allows IT departments to have full control over data security in the cloud. SecureVM unlocks native Windows Bitlocker and Linux OS encryption features with a centralized management approach giving you visibility and control over when and where VMs and data are run and accessed while retaining full control of the encryption keys.
SecureVM for Amazon AWS supports the following key features:
- Enable Windows BitLocker and Linux native OS encryption for both Windows and Linux VMs
- Encrypt boot volume and/or data volume
- Pre-boot authentication for AWS VMs before releasing the keys to decrypt the boot volumes
- Protect the integrity of AWS VMs against unauthorized modification
- Integrate with existing enterprise key management and provide full control the key management policy
- Support hybrid cloud deployments